Sunday, November 24, 2013

Squirrels

This post has nothing to do with my exercises from Picture Perfect Practice book. These are just some pictures of squirrels that I have taken about two months ago in local park.

Unfortunately, I don't have special lens for taking shots of bird and animals. That's why I had to use my macro lens Tamron 90mm for this. And, it was quite a challenge, because you need to come really close to the object to get a decent shot.  In addition, the creatures like squirrels and birds are moving rather quickly and you have to be ready all the time to catch the moment.

While trying to catch them, I found out that squirrels actually are lovely creatures, smart and beautiful.

Here are some of the shots:

This squirrel was running towards me, because she saw a small pack of nuts, and just was starring at me for half a second, waiting for a nut that I had prepared for her. Next moment she jumped on my knee to get her nut, took it and ran away.  

90mm, f/3.2, 1/500

It takes them about five seconds to  claim on the tree, jump over to another tree and get down again.

90mm, f/2.8, 1/500


90mm, f/2.8, 1/400

Classical poses of squirrels sitting on the tree with nuts.
 
 90mm, f/2.8, 1/800

Their fur looks particularly nice, with sun and some shadows from the trees.

90mm, f/2.8, 1/1600

90mm, f/3.2, 1/1600

 This shot has taken me about two hours of shooting and about 100 grams of nuts.

 90mm, f/3.2, 1/2000

The tail is longer than the whole body of the squirrel.  

 90mm, f/2.8, 1/250

And here I decided to go wild and was trying to catch the moment, when there will be two squirrels in the frame at the same time. 

90mm, f/2.8, 1/1250

It is  now late November, and squirrels are now light grey color. Next time I will try to take some picture of their new appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment